Duration: 16 Hours
A basic understanding of networking is one of the essential skill sets in today’s world. This workshop equips the participants with the knowledge and skills on computer networking.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to install, configure and trouble-shoot computer system and set up a Wired Local Area Network (LAN) for resource sharing.
This course will cover:
- Overview of Computer System
- Operating System & Application Software
- Introduction to Network
- Networking Concepts and Protocol
- Introduction to Binary and Hexadecimal
- LAN Technologies
- Internet Protocols
- DHCP Server
- Network Client and Devices
- Resources Sharing
- Network Troubleshooting
Suitable for those who are new to this networking. No prior knowledge is required.
Level of Proficiency:
Participants are assumed to:
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 4 and above; and
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 4 and above.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to participants upon completing and passing the test.