Duration: 16 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills in planning process that includes working with different types of plans, using different approaches to planning and how to plan effectively.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to apply, demonstrate and practice the knowledge and skills learnt on applying management-level planning skills through classroom and practical sessions.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Translate Organisational objectives into functional goals to achieve the Organisational operational plans
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the present situations in terms of being able to meet the defined functional goals
- Develop viable action plans taking into consideration the identified strengths and weaknesses of present situations and constraint of resources to achieve the defined functional goals
- Plan for contingency against anticipated problems or events that could hinder the progress toward the Organisational objectives
- Present the planning outcomes coherently to management for approval
- Different types of plans
- Approaches to planning
- Definition of Organisational policies, objectives and procedures
- Four main functions of management (Planning, Organising, Leading and Controlling)
- Relationship of planning to other management functions
- Relationship of operational plans to strategic plans
- Organisational operational plans
- Types of functional goals
- Steps in planning process
- How to translate organisational objectives into functional goals
- How to conduct strengths and weaknesses analysis
- Resource utilisation
- Contingency planning
- How to prepare planning outcomes reports
Suitable for Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs).
Participants are assumed to:
- Have an in depth knowledge of their organisational work processes;
- Have presentation skills;
- Be able to apply effective communication and leadership skills in leading and managing members at a proficiency level equivalent to the Communication and Relationship Management under ESS;
- Be able to apply effective problem-solving and decision-making skills at a proficiency level equivalent to the Problem-solving and Decision Making Skills under ESS;
- Be able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 8;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 8.
Participants are required to bring their personal laptop for the work assignment.
This module is conducted in English.
This module is delivered through lectures, group discussions and case studies.
A work assignment and presentation is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the test. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.