Duration: 21 Hours
This course is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills to carry out fault finding on an electronic circuit systematically and safely.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to apply diagnostic skills on fault finding on electronic circuits.
The knowledge and abilities covered in this course include:
- Electronic and electrical components
- Digital and analogue integrated circuits
- Electrical diagram and component layout
- Electrical rating of electronic devices
- Cable sizing
- Electrical protective devices
- Overload and Common faults
- Analyse electronic circuit on the PCB
- Carry out appropriate measurements to determine the possible fault
- Report identified fault with corrective action
Suitable for Line or Team Leaders, Technicians, Supervisors and Engineers.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have the fundamental knowledge on electrical and electronic devices & circuits; and
- Have completed ‘O’ Level or equivalent; or
- Have the ability of:
- Basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5;
- Manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 5.
This course is conducted in English.
This course is delivered through lectures, hands-on and demonstration.
Practical assessment is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the assessment. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.