Duration: 12 Hours
The Coaching Skills course conducted by ELITC is for the purpose of granting to companies Certified-On-the-Job Training Centre (COJTC).
Workers need to be trained quickly and continuously to cope with changing new technologies. Although this can be achieved through On-the-Job training (OJT), companies need line trainers who can effectively coach one-to-one at the work place. Trained supervisors, line trainers, or good coaches are critical to the success of implementing OJT effectively.
This course utilises the workshop approach whereby participants will learn how to prepare, demonstrate, monitor skill practices and schedule follow-ups for effective implementation of COJTC. It will also highlight the importance of motivation and interpersonal interaction to improve performance.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Define the term Coaching
- List the benefits of systematic and structured coaching
- List the roles of a coach
- Carry out the proper steps in coaching
- Improve employees’ performances through coaching
This course will cover:
- Definition of the term Coaching
- Benefits of structured coaching
- Roles of a coach
- Understanding the trainees
- The four steps towards effective coaching
- Applying proper coaching techniques
- Improving employees’ performances
- Skills practice/ Video case studies/ Project presentation
Suitable for Line Leaders, Supervisors, Instructors and Experienced Operators.
Participants are assumed to:
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above; and
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.
This course can be conducted in English/Mandarin.
This course is delivered through lectures, group activities and role-play.
Skills Practice and written test are conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the tests. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.