Duration: 12 Hours
In production operations involving electronic parts, today’s operators will need the necessary soldering skills to perform a better job. The Soldering Skills Training has been developed to cater to the needs of improving their abilities in this area. Better workmanship and proper care and maintenance of the tools to contribute to better quality products and higher productivity for the company.
On completion of this course, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and skills of basic manual soldering and perform basic soldering skills conforming to acceptable workmanship standards.
This course will cover:
- Objective of Soldering
- Definitions of Terms
- Materials and Tools
- Soldering Techniques
- Care and Maintenance
- Safety Precautions
- Workmanship Standards – accept/reject criteria
Suitable for operational level and QC Inspectors.
Participants are assumed to:
- Basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Follow written and oral work instructions;
- Listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above.
This course is conducted in English.
This course is delivered through lectures, hands-on and demonstration.
Written assessment is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to participants upon completing and passing the assessment. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.