Duration: 12 Hours
This course is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills to carry out warehouse operations which include receiving incoming products, picking and staging products, as well as packing products to meet customer and organisational requirement.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to perform warehouse operations.
The knowledge and abilities covered in this course include:
- Warehouse Layout Plan
- Receiving incoming products location
- Picking & Staging Area
- Packing Area
- Inspection Area
- Incoming goods
- Signs and Symbols
- Picking and staging products
- Packing materials and packaging
- Achieving inventory integrity
- Replenishment policy, primary and secondary pick locations
- Receive incoming products
- Pick and stage products
- Pack products
Suitable for those who have zero knowledge on warehouse operation. It is also suitable for warehouse workers, warehouse assistants, logistics assistants and warehouse admin assistants.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.
This course is conducted in English.
This course is delivered through lectures, discussions and demonstrations.
Written assessment is conducted at the end of the course.
A Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded to trainees upon completing and passing the assessment. Otherwise, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who attained a minimum attendance of 75%.