Duration: 15 Hours
This module is developed to enable learners to acquire knowledge and skills to identify and apply improvement techniques and how to carry out and follow-through the improvement activities.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to apply continuous process improvement techniques and be able to put it into practice at their workplaces.
The knowledge and skills covered in this module include:
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Carry out continuous improvement activities
- Follow-through the improvement activities
- Purpose of continuous improvement work team
- Types of improvement goals
- Types of continuous process improvement techniques
- Types of communication modes
- Roles and responsibilities of team members
- Types of resources
- Procedures for making action plans
- Use of oral communication skills
- Types of performance indicators
- Procedures for obtaining approval to carry out improvement activities
- Procedures for taking corrective action against implementation issues
- Methods to track and measure progress of improvement activities
- Procedures for taking corrective action against an un-met goal
- Procedures for reporting and recording the improvement activity outcomes
Suitable for operational level.
Participants are assumed to:
- Have a basic knowledge of the manufacturing sector;
- Have a basic knowledge of the Singapore Workplace Safety and Health requirements;
- Be able to follow written and oral work instructions;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3 and above;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ESS level 3 and above.
This module can be conducted in English.
This module is delivered through e-learning, lectures, group activities and demonstration.
Practical and oral/written assessments are conducted at the end of the training module.
An individual who completes a module will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA).